Wednesday, August 21, 2013

When I grow up…..


By , March 4, 2010 12:43 pm
What a complement to inspire those around you.  Rachelle Wyatt, the 13 year old daughter of my design assistant, Kris Wyatt, was asked to do a visual presentation and write a paper on what profession she would like to pursue……. She chose Interior Designer!  Check out her grade A project!
“For my career, I choose to be an Interior Designer.  An Interior Designer does a lot of things.  Some of the things they do include choosing color schemes, choosing furniture, suggesting art pieces, choosing coordinating fabrics, deciding if the room needs remodeling and suggesting slight changes in building structure.  One thing that I think is really cool is that some of the furniture that designers order are custom made.  But, like I said, that’s only a couple of things.  I choose this career because oneI love art, whether it’s painting, drawing or just coloring, and two, my mom works for an Interior Designer and her boss lets me go to work with her sometimes and actually work and I enjoy it a lot.  This career requires a combination of six years of work experience, two years of schooling plus four years of work experience, or four years in an FIDER or organization that teaches certain principles and practices at a very high standard, accredited university or college plus two years of work experience.  an Interior Designer makes and average of $25,000 a year.  I want to live in Tampa, Florida as I become employed.  I want to live in that area because I want to be to The Art Institute of Tampa.”
My inspiration for pursuing applied arts as a profession was my extraordinary high school art teacher Carol Eckert. With her positive encouragement, I was introduced to the world of art and architecture. This was a true awakening to a subject where I could actually excel and enjoy! (Unlike my experience with traditional classes)

 We have to keep the arts alive in schools and also be thankful for all those phenomenal teachers (whom are terribly under paid) whom influenced our lives and the children of tomorrow!!!  We will keep you posted on Rachelle’s aspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment